I feel like all I am posting are reviews and Random 5 Posts. Guess I better finish up the Little Steps posts I have been developing.
1. This was another week cut short by furlough days. Since Honeybear was needed all 5 days last week, he got two furlough days this week plus he took a “use or lose” leave day. So he was home Wednesday, Thursday, and Today. His furlough day for next week is Monday.
2. Since Honeybear was home and available, he canned green beans for us! He planted the beans, he cared for them, he picked them, and then he processed them. I am so proud of him!
3. We had some berries left from the farmer’s market. Oh and some strawberries from the store. I made a berry syrup. Because the fruit was not “just picked” fresh, we’ve opted to use it right away rather than can it. I should have taken a picture of the evidence that my husband had “got in the syrup”. He sampled it and it spilled on his white shirt! He said it was good!
4. Honeybear had his first cardiology follow up appointment today. I am pretty sure that random fact could be/should be expanded to a whole blog post. The appointment brought home the reality that yes, yes my husband does really have heart disease and yes, he really did have a cardiac event. Once again we were reminded how very very fortunate we were that it was not worse!
5. On the way home from said appointment we stopped at our favorite cherry stand. They often have more than just cherries but we usually just pick up our favorite Rainier Cherries. The little baskets are $1. The “buckets” are $5 or 2 for $9. We always opt for the 2 for $9. As we were getting in the van, the lady came over to us and said that a watermelon had fallen when they transported and it split. She said we could have it if we wanted. We think she recognized us (we purchase cherries frequently during the summer!). So we are enjoying watermelon tonight too!