The week seems so short because Honeybear had the 4th off and he took the 5th off. It feels like Saturday to me right now.
1. For the most part the garden is doing well. Ok, so the tomato plants do not have nearly as many blossoms as I want them to have and the pepper plants don’t seem to be doing anything. The zucchini’s haven’t been taking off the way I was warned either but the crookneck squash has beautiful blossoms so at least I should get several of those.
2. In more garden related news the peas are doing really really well and we actually picked a few this week. It will be a few more days before we have enough of a picking to really enjoy but it was fun to have a taste of fresh picked peas. I love raw fresh just picked from the garden sweet peas.
3. I didn’t ever think that I would reach a point where I thought French Fries were too salty. Baby step (or giant leap) that we’ve been working on for the last 30 days: reducing sodium in our diet. I went to lunch with friends this past week and I ordered a French Dip sandwich which came with fries. Without thinking I salted them. I do love salty fries. It’s my one indulgence. But these fries were soaked in spilled au jus. With the added salt they were too salty (but still tasty and I ate every one of them!). A month ago those fries would not have been too salty for me.
4. Did you know that a person can dislocate his (or her) jaw simply by opening it too wide? Well I didn’t and now I know. Turtlegirl was checking out her teeth and opened her mouth a bit too wide. We spent 4 hours at the ER on the 4th of July. Thankfully it was fairly straightforward to reset it and we made it home in time to enjoy fireworks with friends.
5. I am the mother of an adult. I’m still in shock. She’s been an adult now for two weeks and two days. Today she took mom and dad off her savings account and opened a checking/debit account. I was there for moral support but she signed all the paperwork because she’s the adult. I can give her advice but I can’t make her take it. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I am so glad she is going to be living at home and attending college. I will have a bit more time to adjust to this idea of having a grown up daughter.
Linking up with Miranda over at The Pebble Pond! It’s fun come join us!