Yup, I missed last week and the August 2nd Edition so I’m going to combine two weeks of Random Thoughts.
1. August 2nd would have been my maternal Grandmother’s 100th birthday. She’s been gone 10 years now. She died just a few days before 90th birthday in 2003. BooBear and I were able to fly back for the funeral and for the annual family picnic at Como Park.
2. August 2nd also marked the 2 month anniversary of my husband’s heart attack. He’s doing so much better. Especially now that he’s had some adjustments to his medication. He’s able to do more though he still has to be careful not to overdo it. Recovery has been slow but steady! He’s even been able to serve in the altar again and he’s started taking his turn doing the Epistle reading.
3. Supergirl got to be a flower girl in a wedding. The other three girls got to help out at the reception by serving punch.
4. We harvested our carrots! They taste wonderful. We lost our tomato plants (we should have staked them!) but we’re trying to salvage the green tomatoes. We’ll see how that goes.
5. The girls went with our church youth group on an overnight visit to the mountains. They went on a 9 mile hike! (I am told it was 4 1/2 miles to the lake and then 4 1/2 miles back.)
Come join us over at the Pebble Pond for this week’s Edition of Random 5 on Friday!