We’ve been so busy here with trying to adjust to a college student, getting in the groove of a new school year and just living life that I’ve missed a couple of weeks or so of Random 5 on Friday.
1. Only 10 more days of September left. I love September. I don’t want September to end. We don’t have much fall foliage here but I still love the fall colors and enjoy what I do see.
2. Remember last Random 5 I talked about the Tomato Canning Extravaganza? Well, we’ve used two pints so far. Honeybear used a pint to make homemade pizza sauce. Sorry we ate all the pizza and I didn’t take any pictures. He poured the tomatoes with their juices into the Vitamix, added seasonings and blended until smooth. It made an excellent pizza sauce! I used a pint of tomatoes to stretch out a store bought can of pasta sauce for our cheese ravioli this week. I’ll be using one of the quart jars to make some homemade spaghetti sauce. I’m planning spaghetti and meatballs (Grandpa Larry style sauce) for Tuesday. I know it’s going to be fabulous with those home canned tomatoes!
3. The last time I did a Random 5, Boobear had started orientation for college. As of today she has two weeks done! College is hard for all of us. It’s an adjustment; she comes home exhausted but exhilarated and her excitement is contagious.
4. We’ve completed 3 full weeks of school. And it’s going really really well. We’ve got a “schedule” and we’re establishing routines. I’m still struggling with how to work school with Supergirl and finding time to blog regularly but I’m pleased with how things are going with Turtlegirl and Tailorbear. I really appreciate that Turtlegirl is taking more responsibility and getting her daily work done. Go Turtlegirl!!
5. I think it’s time I finally admit that I am a fan of science fiction. *sigh* Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Firefly, Eureka, Warehouse 13 and of course Dr. Who to name just a few things we’ve watched on Netflix over the last few years. Yes I’m a Whovian. It only took close to 30 years for me to finally decide that my friend, Dawn, was right. She tried to convince me that Dr. Who was the greatest thing when we were in 8th grade but I just thought it was too weird.
Come join us over at the Pebble Pond for this week’s Edition of Random 5 on Friday!