Yes, it’s true. Two Random 5 on Fridays in a row! (I hope I am setting a good trend for myself!)
1. Miranda over at The Pebble Pond had let some of us know that she was not going to be continuing to host random 5. Thankfully she posted this morning saying that this week is NOT the last week. Yay!
2. Last week (Friday Dec 6!) we celebrated St. Nicholas Day. On Sunday our church had our annual St. Nicholas party complete with the reading of the story and a visit from St. Nicholas. The girls posed with Godmother Kim and St. Nicholas.
3. Getting the Christmas tree up and decorated was more time consuming than we planned. We intended to decorate the tree on Sunday. The girls had assembled the artificial tree. (Yes artificial. Though I would love a real tree, my family has this silly idea that breathing is essential and would rather be able to breathe. Tree allergies stink!) But when Daddy and the girls tested the lights, the production was a no go. 1/2 the strand would not light and the other 1/2 had an every other light refuses to turn on thing happening. So we had to postpone tree decorating.
4. We haven’t had Chinese take out for months. Had it this week. Apparently, we’ve had take out from them enough that they know my husband. They told him “see you next week.” (Um, not if I can help it. But yes, next time I fail to have a dinner plan we will mostly likely end up with Chinese take out.
5. I really miss having BooBear around. We never get to talk. If she is home and wants to talk, I find myself *sigh* distracted and busy with things like home schooling her sisters, or the Review Crew or blogging. So she and I went out to lunch today. It was wonderful to have her all to myself and for me to give her all of me with no distractions. I’m still adjusting to the idea of having an adult daughter.
Come join us over at the Pebble Pond for this week’s Edition of Random 5 on Friday!