I love these Random 5 posts. I think of them almost like a week’s worth of Facebook statuses.
1. I was too sick last week to really have the energy to do a Random 5 post.
2. My 16 year old has been doing more and more cooking. She’s getting really good at it too! Last week, because we were coming down with a cold/flu virus, she made a variation of Virus Killing Soup for us.
3. I’m in a decluttering, organizing and hey-let’s-finally-get-some-good-habits-and routines-going-and-break-this-cycle mood. I’ve got several blog post attempts started to help me work this journey but I keep stopping. I want to do something like O is for Organization but really I think the problem is more with habits and routines so I started a Breaking the Vicious Cycle post but I think it’s really more of a combination. *sigh* It’s easier to blog about it then to actually do it.
4. I finished 3 books this week! And started 2 more. I finished Some Like Hawk by Donna Andrews, The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis (Focus on Family Radio Theater Production) and Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider. I started Duck the Halls by Donna Andrews and The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis (another radio theater production). The audio books are keeping me company with the driving I’m doing this month. I plan on starting a trilogy on Monday or Tuesday.
5. My husband accidentally purchased Hidden Valley Ranch DIP mix instead of Hidden Valley Ranch DRESSING mix. Although I prefer the dressing mix for the Buffalo Wings, I have discovered that I really love the dip mix as a dip or substitute for sour cream. It was really yummy on some left over deluxe potato skins (recipe coming soon!) and on my taco salad. The girls have used it as a dip for chicken nuggets and I bet it would be tasty with french fries. So even though I did not like it for the wings, we have liked it and I think I just might have to buy both kinds from now on.