Last week I skipped the Random Five on Friday in favor of Day of my Home School Essentials 5 Day Blog Hop.
1. According to Goodreads I am 23% completed for my goal to read 40 books in 2014. I am 6 books ahead of schedule. I took advantage of having to drive Boobear 3 to 4 days a week during January to listen to several of the Chronicles of Narnia books. They were actually the Radio Theater Production but they are listed on Goodreads so I counted those three. I think getting a bit ahead in January will help me out when I slow down because the book I just started is about the length of 3 or 4 books!
2. I have been reading more regularly in January and I love it. This week I finished two more books. I started three more this week. One non-fiction, one mystery, one historical fiction (the really long one from point 1).
3. BooBear got a very special letter this week from her university. She made the Dean’s List! I know this isn’t really a validation of home schooling but it sure does feel wonderful to know that I least didn’t mess her up too badly. She worked really hard and she deserves the honor.
4. January is a special short term for BooBear. She had one 4-credit class that met 4 days a week for nearly 3 hours. We are both very relieved that she is done: her because she just doesn’t love baseball the way her parents do (it was a history of baseball class) and me because I don’t have to get up at the crack of dawn and spend hours driving 3-4 days a week.
5. We’ve lived here for 12 years until this month there has only been one place that delivers pizza. We don’t really like it as we can better pizza cheaper even though we have to go pick it up. This month though two places have started offering delivery for our neighborhood. Dominos is closer than the one but Dominos won’t deliver. That’s ok Papa John’s and Round Table will and they taste so much better. We had pizza delivery last week and this week. Now if only we could get some Chinese delivery!