I can’t believe January is over! Hello February. I know February is only 3 days shorter than January or March but those 3 days make a huge difference. February is 1/4 of the way gone! So here’s my 5 Random Thoughts for this week:
1. Today is actually Saturday, not Friday. I had every intention of finishing this blog and posting it on Friday but I went out to dinner with my family. We rarely go out and it was a real treat. (See number 2 below).
2. I love Arby’s Beef and Cheddars. I know the are not good for me at all. I do only eat half the bun though but I always add extra red ranch. And I don’t like the curly fries. Nope I have to have potato cakes.
3. I have a husband that cooks. I am blessed.
4. I posted, I think it was last year, about Shrimp. I have developed a taste for shrimp. My favorite is Shrimp Creole. I also like this Italian Shrimp that is like an appetizer or I’m thinking served with some angel hair pasta. Saw the recipe idea on Facebook. Take some butter and melt it in a shallow baking pan (like a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with sides) and lay out raw shrimp. Sprinkle with a packet of dry Italian Dressing Mix. Bake until shrimp is cooked. Now if I could just like shrimp in more dishes. It’s progress though!
5. This week we’ve been going through the toy bins. Years and years ago I invested in Sterilite brand and Rubbermaid brand containers. The 55 quart sized ones are perfect. These helped to contain like items and allowed us to rotate bins and keep toys “fresh.” (oh I think I have another blog post idea!). Anyway with an 18 year old, a 16 year old and a 14 year old, we no longer need quite so many toys. Yes Supergirl still plays with toys but she doesn’t need 8 different tea sets. Two bins of kitchen related toys condensed to one. One bin of “baby stuff” including diaper bag, babies, blankets, and outfits is much more manageable for Supergirl. The living room still looks like a disaster area as we are still purging, cleaning and organizing.
I’m sorry I have no pictures this week. I’ll do better next week!