I’ve decided that I love these Random 5’s so much that I’m going to strive to post them every week but I make no promises as to whether they’ll be on Friday or Saturday!
1. For Orthodox Christians Great Lent ends on Friday April 10th. It’s the last Friday Pre-Sanctified with Soup Supper and Talk at my parish. It’s a bittersweet thing for me. It means that Pascha is right around the corner but it also means that no more evening Pre-Sanctified liturgies for me until next year. Though Great Lent has ended, the fast continues. Lazarus Saturday follows the last Friday of Lent and then Palm Sunday. After Palm Sunday we enter into Great and Holy Week. I’m getting excited. It’s my favorite week of the year!
2. For many years Supergirl didn’t really “get” blocks. It was hard for her to balance them or build with them. She’s had a developmental growth spurt and blocks are now one of her favorite things. Here’s a picture of one of her favorite things to build.
3. When Turtlegirl was much younger she was most unhappy because her older sister and her younger sister were wearing glasses (that they only had to wear when reading or doing school work and then outgrew the need. Or least outgrew it for awhile.). Now as a teenager, Turtlegirl has been prescribed glasses. The doctor said it was up to us if we wanted to try them but because they may or may not help. Turtlegirl says they do actually help. Here is my grown up looking Turtlegirl showing off her new glasses.
4. I am really looking forward to Spring Break. I always time our spring break to go along with Holy Week and Bright Week. Holy Week is very busy with church and Bright Week is recovery week. We’ll do a bit of school, mostly review products, but otherwise I plan on doing some spring cleaning and school planning.
5. I was looking for pictures and came across this one from 5 years ago. It is stamped as May 2009. George doesn’t usually climb up into Supergirl’s lap and this is just adorable. We’ll call it my Random Photo for a Random 5 post!