I’m just going to jump in with my five thoughts for this week:
1. I think the busier we are, the faster time flies. We’re very busy this month. So busy that even my 15 year old said “how did we get to be so busy!”
2. A sweet homeschooling friend from church had a arranged for a trip to the women’s monastery on the other side of the mountains. She graciously and kindly offered to take Turtlegirl and Tailorbear. They left on Tuesday and came home on Thursday. They were exhausted but bubbling and full of excitement as they told me about the trip.
3. Turtlegirl brought home an icon for me! She found an icon of St. Nicholas to add to our icon corner. Most of our icons are Russian style but this one is Greek Style. According to the certification on the back, it was made in Greece. I think it is beautiful. It’s a slightly early birthday present for me. I couldn’t find an image that was exact so I took this picture. It only shows half the icon because I am not very good with taking pictures with my Kindle Fire HDX.
4. We canned tomatoes last Saturday. I brought home 20 pints to add to my 19 quarts. Our little canning club is taking a little break. There’s talk of applesauce. I’ve made homemade applesauce before and it always makes me think of Grandma Elsie. I have frozen my applesauce but I’ve never canned it before.
5. Saturday marks 4 weeks since we made dill pickles. I could not take it anymore and I opened the first quart on Wednesday. They are very good. Tailorbear loves pickles. She likes that these pickles are crisp. They have some crunch. Definitely a hit here!