Often, I find myself saying “just this once I wish . . . “ but I don’t really want it just once. I want it all the time. But when, whatever it is, doesn’t happen frequently enough or I’ve just had enough of it not happening I breakdown in a moment of complete frustration and I cry out things like:
- Just this once I would love to go to the bathroom ALONE. No children and no cats. Really, you do not need to be petted this second and you can certainly ask me for the movie I’m going to say no to when I am done!
- Just this once it would be nice if someone would actually rinse and recycle the juice container instead of putting it back in the fridge empty.
- Just this once I would like to have clean underwear in my drawer and not have to go hunt through a basket of laundry that has been waiting for 4 days for the assigned child to complete her folding laundry chore.
- Just this once I would like for my washcloths to be in my bathroom drawer and not shoved into the back of the drawer in the bathroom down the hall.
- Just this once, it would be lovely if . . . blah blah blah
I think you get the idea. These are just some things I want and I’m deluding myself that I only want it “just this once.” Nope. There are some things that I want and I want them all the time.
Check out this week’s letter!