Random 5 on Friday
Oh I just realized this is the LAST ONE for the month of February.
1. This past Sunday was Forgiveness Sunday. My church always has a special vespers service. This is the service that liturgically ushers in lent even though the fast doesn't start until the next day. About half way through the service the altar cloths , vestments and candle holders are changed from gold to purple.
2. Forgiveness Sunday is the liturgical anniversary of my reception into the Orthodox Church. My whole family was chrismated together. It’s been five years. It’s been wonderful.
3. My first review of the 2015 Review Crew year posted earlier this week. Did you catch it? If you love history especially Scottish history you may want to check out my review of In Freedom's Cause by Heirloom Audio Productions.
4. Did you see my post Introducing Catherine’s Pascha? This is a lovely book written by my good friend (a REAL friend, not just an e-maginary friend who lives in my computer) Charlotte Riggle. You can also read Tailorbear’s thoughts about the book.
5. How do you know it is Lent at my house? We eat soup two to three times a week instead of once or twice a month. Variations of vegan vegetable soup. No pictures of this weeks soups but the first was one Garden Vegetable Soup from Build A Menu. It was tomato based with broccoli and cauliflower. Wednesday was my mock beef vegetable soup. Vegetable Better-than Bouillon plus some soy sauce gives almost the flavor of beef. Add in some mushrooms, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes and cabbage it you could almost fool yourself into thinking you’re eating vegetable beef soup.