Wow I haven’t done a Random Five on Friday since November 20th!
1. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was just the six of us. Tailorbear baked a pumpkin pie and an apple pie. I made a Trim Healthy Mama S style No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. I need to tweak the recipe I created a bit and maybe I can share it in time for Christmas baking. Tailorbear also took care of cooking the turkey. It was wonderful to have someone else do so much of the cooking!
2. We played games on Thanksgiving Day. That is our tradition and we played more games on Friday and on Saturday! We were really into Scattergories and Trivial Pursuit. We also played several games of Apples to Apples which is always fun with Supergirl as she just randomly chooses a card. Sometimes, they actually fit!
3. We attended the Sounds of Christmas Choral presentation at BooBear’s University. It was her last choral concert for this year as she has to drop Choir for Spring Term. Required course time conflicted with Choir practice times. I’m a little sad. No wait. I’m a lot sad that she has to drop it but we’re both hopeful she’ll be able to join again in the fall.
4. The Sounds of Christmas program was based on the Lessons and Carols from King’s College Chapel in Cambridge. It is a Christian Worship service celebrating the Nativity of Christ and is comprised of Bible readings interspersed with Christmas carols, hymns and choir music. The service was beautiful and audience interactive! Different choir members took turns reading the Bible (I don’t know what version but personally I didn’t care for it). For the more traditional hymns such as the First Noel or Joy to the World some verses were song by “ALL” which meant both the Men’s Chorus and the University Singers and the audience.
5. Supergirl loves celebrating St. Nicholas Day. The big girls wanted to do shoes but Supergirl wanted to use her stocking. I compromised. I told her to put out a slipper. Her shoes are too small and she got her traditional “gold” chocolate coins in her stocking and her Frozen themed mug for hot cocoa in her slipper. Then it was off to church to where St. Nicholas came to visit and passed out little packages with a little orange (cutie?), some chocolate coins, and a candy cane.