Five Favorite Friday July 23rd
On Fridays, Susanne over at Living to tell the Story hosts a Friday Five Favorite Meme. Today I have decided to participate. So I’m going to list my 5 favorite things from this week.
1. Visiting 3 Waterfalls After picking up 2 girls from the Girls’ Retreat we took a slight detour on our way home to visit the Columbia River Gorge. Here’s some pictures:
2. Being Stuck in Traffic I know that is an unusual item to list as a favorite thing. How does becoming stuck in traffic become a favorite thing? When it leads to being, silly, creative and having fun with the family! Coming back home from the waterfalls, we ran into horrendous traffic. What should have been a 3 1/2 hour drive ended up taking over 5 hours! For a two hour period the traffic was stop and go. During that time we stayed sane by making up silly license plate and I spy type games. Not only did it make the horrible traffic bearable, we made a great family memory.
3. Hearing My Children Laugh Earlier this week the girls were required to conquer the clean laundry mountain by folding several loads worth of clothes. I heard them laughing, talking and giggling and it just warmed my heart that they were making special memories as sisters. It’s so wonderful to hear them laughing together.
4. Having the Walk Through Completed We do not own our home. The owners of the house use a property management company and periodically they come out to a check on the house and property. As tenants we want to practice the Christian ideal of doing to others as we would have them do unto us. It was just wonderful to hear C say “wow, the yard looks great. You guys are such great renters”
5. Lunch with Turtlegirl This week I left three girls at home and took Turtlegirl out for a mother/daughter date. It was a blessing to hear her tell me what was on her heart and to just enjoy spending time one on one with my middle daughter who tends to get lost in the crowd.
What are your favorite things from this week? If you write a blog post about your favorite things and post to Living To Tell the Story, please leave me a comment here so I can visit you or go ahead and post a comment on your favorite things from this week.
Having grown up in easy driving distance of the Columbia River Gorge, I LOVE Multnomah Falls! I remember hiking to the top of the falls.ReplyDelete
Lovely FFF, especially children's laughter. :)
Gorgeous pictures! wow! Love time with my dds one on one, what a blessing.ReplyDelete
I love those falls! We used to live in Bend and would drive through Hood River to Portand on purpose so we could drive past the fall area. :)Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
That picture of the falls and bridge is beautiful! What a gorgeous place.ReplyDelete
Mother-daughter dates are the best.
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! What great pics! And I love the "stopped in traffic" favorite...I can appreciate that situation - glad you turned it in to something special!ReplyDelete
I agree, taking the joy in being stuck in traffic is a good thing :)