I won the Sunshine Award!
I’ve been wanting to share with you about this really wonderful new blog that my friend started in May. I really love her blog and I wish that I was more like her. I love how she incorporates her faith into her homeschooling and I love how she blogs about it!
Well she awarded ME the Sunshine Award. If I could award it back to her I would! Her blog really does inspire and encourage me. She’s inspired me to want to blog more. Oh. You want to know who it is and what the blog is where to find it? That would be helpful wouldn’t it. My friend, Anastasia, blogs at In the Shadows of Life. Thank you, Anastasia, for the award!
The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to "bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere."
Okay, so here's how the award works:
First, you should thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Next, answer the following questions about yourself. Then, choose 10 of your favorite bloggers and link their blogs to your post. Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award.
Last, be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog!
Here we go!
1. Favorite color- I don’t know. Judging by my blog background it should be purple right? But I think I’m partial to shades of red or hues that contain red so various shades of purple but also wine or burgundy. I think it would be easier to say that I don’t like yellow. Or orange but blues, greens and reds are fine LOL
2. Favorite animal- for a pet? Or any animal? I don’t know. I love having cats as pets. Trying to think. Pretending to go to the zoo. Which exhibit would I most want to see. Ah ha. The aquarium. I love whales and dolphins. The Minnesota Zoo had Beluga Whales and watching them was my favorite part of a zoo trip. I love watching water mammals.
3. Favorite number- I don’t know that I have a favorite number. 14? 24?
4. Favorite Drink- for a carbonated beverage I’d have to say my vice is Coca Cola. I’m drinking a glass of coke right now. For a hot beverage, I am very partial to earl grey tea.
5. Facebook or Twitter- I don’t get Twitter. I just don’t understand it so I’ve never bothered to get a Twitter account. Guess I have to say Facebook. I don’t really get that either but I do at least have a FB account.
6. Good book or good movie- Book~ This is a tough question. There’s books that are good reads and then there are books that are so good they really are great. I think I am overwhelmed with my choices so I’m going to go with Pride & Prejudice. I love Jane Austen. (And if you’re going to watch a movie version.. the only one I’ll watch over and over again is the one with Colin Firth. I love Matthew Macfadyen but he’s no Mr. Darcy.
7. My passion- My faith. Becoming more like Christ (I fail miserably but I’m passionate about striving for that goal!) and my family. My husband and children mean everything to me.
8. Giving or getting gifts- I love giving gifts. I enjoy picking out special gifts for people. I do love getting gifts but I think I’d rather give than receive.
9. Favorite day- I think Fridays because we do a lighter day and Friday evenings are family time. Often they are “stay at home date nights”. The children go off and play a game or watch a movie and my husband and I spend some time together. Sundays are also a favorite day. I love going to church and I love our lazy Sunday afternoons!
10. Favorite flower- Carnations. I love carnations. I also love lilacs. I don’t know why I love carnations but I do. My wedding flowers were a mix of Fire & Ice Roses and white carnations.
Now you know a little bit more about me.
10 8*** blogs that I would like to give the Sunshine Award to, in no particular order, are:
- Kym at Homeschool Coffee Break
- Debra at Footprints in the Butter
- Cristi at Through the Calm and Through the Storm
- Sweetie at Life in the Tribe
- Elizabeth at The Endless Road
- Debbie at Debbie’s Digest
- Lisa at The Happy Homeschool Mom
- Lizzie at A Dusty Frame
*** there are far more blogs than 8 or 10 that I could give this Sunshine Award to but I’m choosing to stop at 8!
Please visit the blogs of my friends. Each of them has inspired me in some way.