I don’t know how regularly I’ll post a Thankful post but I love the sound of Thankful Thursday. I know I often need to focus on being grateful. It’s much too easy to fall into the trap of feeling sorry for myself or feeling resentful.
So here’s a short list of things I am thankful for today:
- My husband. I haven’t forgotten his heart attack last June or the roller coaster of emotions.
- Speaking of heart attacks, I’m grateful that my cousin’s recent heart attack was even more minor than my husband’s. But scary. Very scary. She’s young. Even younger than my husband. Her heart attack is a reminder of just how rampant heart issues are on my side of the family.
- I’m thankful for the Schoolhouse Review Crew especially for reviewing VideoText Algebra (look for that review in a couple of weeks.) This is working so well for my family.
- I’m thankful that my oldest was accepted, enrolled and now attending her first choice college. It isn’t an easy transition. But I’m thankful that we were able to make this opportunity happen.
- I’m thankful for my church. I love my church. I am thankful that my family has so many ways that we can give of ourselves and serve at church.
- I’m thankful for two sunny days in a row. I know the season is coming when the skies will be gray for weeks on end so I will treasure the sun while I can.
- I’m especially thankful that I have my laptop back. I’d been without it for about a year. It’s been lovely to have enough computers for school work.
What are you thankful for this week?
It is so important to remind ourselves of our many blessings. And I am thankful for the Crew and Videotext too :)ReplyDelete
I really enjoyed reading what you are thankful for! I need to do this.ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing! I too am thankful for my church, the Crew, and my laptop! (It's the little things some times.)ReplyDelete
I am thankful for essential oils, better sleep, my church family, my new Homeschool Mom's Bible, health of my family, my amazing relationship with my mom, my sweet hubby, my wonderful three kids, salvation, and yes, the Schoolhouse Review Crew! :)ReplyDelete
I'm so thankful for everything but this week I am thankful for my husband, kids, my mom and dad, our health and a nice cool home during these hot days.ReplyDelete