Memories, Stories and Books Random Five on Friday
1. This past Sunday was Mother's Day. I didn't make it to church but my daughters' brought home a rose corsage for me. It was beautiful. I also got to talk to my mom for quite a while on the phone. I miss her.
2. May is a time of remembering for me. Daddy's birthday was May 5th. His Daddy's birthday would be tomorrow May 16th and Grandma passed from this life to the next in May a few years ago. She was an amazing lady with a gift for story telling. I was missing her on Mother's Day and wanting to hear just one more story.
3. According to GoodReads I got behind on my Reading Challenge. It says “you are three books behind schedule.” Oops! I was ahead of schedule going into April and I was reading but I just never finished a book. Perhaps I was reading too many.
4. So speaking of reading books. I plan to finish Incriminating Evidence by Sheldon Siegel this weekend. I might even be able to finish another book or two. I just have to be disciplined and not start another book until I finish some of my “currently reading” books.
5. And still speaking of books, I don’t know if my love of reading came from my mother or from both of my grandmothers. I only know that I loved hearing Grandma Elsie tell her stories. She was a writer. She encouraged my love of poetry and stories. I have fond memories of going to the library and picking out books to read. Mom, Grandma W, my sister, and I off the to library.