Five Question Friday
Here it is the 2nd of July and I’ve still yet to really see summer. We’ve had a few nice days but today is cold, dark, dreary and rainy. These questions from Mama M at My Little Life look like fun. Check out her blog to see how others have answered these questions.
Questions for Friday, July 2nd:
1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood? Long, lazy days of endless summer where I rode my bike all over and read books sitting in the tree. Summer doesn’t seem so lazy and ends far too soon now that I am an adult.
2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school? No. There are one or two that I do wonder what they’ve been doing all these years.
3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it? YES. It really drives me insane when people say “anywho”. It’s anyway people. Not a who.
4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"? I don’t know if it is a thing but rather a concept: materialism. When I think of America I think of consumerism and materialism. I love the freedom that I have to be a consumer and I’m grateful for all the material things available. Usually around the 4th of July I get very patriotic but the lack of summer sun is fooling my brain into thinking it is NOT the 4th of July making it harder to think patriotic thoughts.
5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans? Spend time with my family. Two of my girls have been gone all week to Youth Church Camp and I”m looking forward to spending time hearing about their adventures. My husband has a long weekend and that is always special. The “big” plan though is to clean and organize the garage!
hahaha...I'm here from 5QF AND I'm a fellow crew member! Just thought I'd point out that we both have the same pet peeve of the word "anywho"! LOL Have an awesome day!ReplyDelete
I remember those long, weeks of summer with nothing to do. Sigh!ReplyDelete
Hello, thanks for visiting my blog on the blogwalk. I hope you had a great 4th.ReplyDelete
Anywho, ha, ha, just kidding. I don't like that non word either. That and my bad.
Nice to meet you!