Five Question Friday
Yes, I am aware that it is no longer Friday. It is actually Saturday evening. I just never got around to finishing this up yesterday and I’ve been gone most of today. I’m looking at a really busy but spiritually wonderful week. I want to post this, even though it’s a day late, because I won’t be posting much this week.
1. What is your favorite sign of spring? The smell! There is something fresh in the smell of the air. I love how the smell in the air is different after the rain of spring versus the rain of winter. It’s not just the scent of flowers trying to bloom but I can’t quite put my finger (or nose) on what it is.
2. What was your best birthday ever? Oddly the birthday that stands out as my best was supposed to be the worst. For my 35th Birthday my husband deployed and my best friend moved. Seriously! My husband deployed 3 weeks before my birthday but wasn’t in the Big Sandbox until MY BIRTHDAY. And my best friend? She moved the week of my birthday (I think it was the day before my birthday).
Everyone felt so sorry for me that they went out of their way to be nice to me! A friend came into town from the North and spent the night and we all went out for birthday breakfast. Then again friend drove in from the south and took me to dinner and her family spent the night.
And my husband? He was able to surprise me with a phone call to wish me happy birthday. Never of us thought he would be able to call because he was travelling so that was special!
But the most special part of that birthday was the phone call from my father. It was the LAST time that he would call me to wish me a happy birthday as he died nearly exactly 2 months later. (My birthday is Sept 24, He died Nov 19). He wanted to talk to of the of the girls first and he got them to gather together and hand me the phone and he and the girls sang Happy Birthday to me.
3. What is your favorite dessert? The first thing that comes to mind is cheesecake. Yup, cheesecake. I love cheesecake! I have yet to meet a cheesecake slice I haven’t liked. I think I might have to get some cheesecake for the feast at church after the Agape Vespers on Pascha (Easter)
4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket? I have never used an excuse to get out of a ticket. In 27 years of driving, I’ve only received 3 tickets and I deserved them all. Two of them were in Germany. (One on base and one on a German highway). I did get a reduced fine for the one in Germany and I did have an excuse. I wasn’t paying attention to the speed zone change and I was just keeping up with the cars in front of me. Germans do things differently so we ALL got tickets. I think there were 8 or 9 of us pulled over. I learned to pay better attention!
5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times? It depends. Most of the time I don’t bother setting the alarm. I’m usually up between 7 and 7:30 am. We do set the alarm for Sunday mornings and I tend to set it to allow us to hit the snooze a couple of times.
Click on the button at the top of this post to go read the other entries in Five Question Friday!