Random 5 on Friday ~ The first edition of 2015!
So here we are in 2015! I never did a final Random 5 so some of these not-always-so-random thoughts are from longer ago than just this week.
1. My husband and I got to go see the Nutcracker. The Pacific Northwest Ballet production with choreography by Kent Stowell, and costumes and set by Maurice Sendak. This production has been running for 31 years. Well at Christmas time, not all the time. This year though was the last and we were there for the final performance of the final year. Thank you, B, for the tickets. We had a lovely time. I snapped this picture while we waiting for traffic to clear from the parking garage. Seattle is a beautiful city.
2. We were blessed with tickets to the Zoolights display this year. John took the girls. With lots of plans for the holidays I needed to be careful of my spoons. So I didn’t go.
3. Speaking of spoons, did I mention I have fibromyalgia? No? It ended up on my list of “current health issues” just before Thanksgiving. I have good days and I have bad days and I am still learning things. What I find ironic is that it explains so much.
4. I did not meet my Reading Goal Challenge with GoodReads for 2014. I read 38 out of 40 books but I refuse to feel guilty. Two of the books I did complete, When Christ and His Saints Slept and Timeline were both over 700 pages so I think they each count for two books which would make it 40 books total right? I think so, anyway. What I do feel a bit bad about was I didn’t even come close to completing the reading I wanted to do during the Nativity Fast. Well, I’ll get another chance very soon as Great Lent is early this year!
5. We have had a lovely 12 Days of Christmas with lots of great holiday food. Technically there is still a couple of days left but we’ll be going back to regular life starting on Monday, January 5th though we will be celebrating Theophany on January 6.